2018 Year in Review
Fri, January 04, 2019 10:14AM
2018 was another great year for Milender White. Our continued success is a direct result of our outstanding employees, subcontractors and vendors. A few highlights from this past year:
- Our two high-rise multifamily projects in downtown Denver topped out and are set to both turn over on schedule later this year. Last month, we broke ground on a third high-rise project downtown. 18th & Market is an 11-story mixed-use development that features 282 residential units and 304 parking stalls.
- Our development team achieved some major milestones this year. We are on schedule to break ground as the master plan developer on Fourth Street Crossing in Silverthorne early next year. MW is also the co-developer and general contractor of a new apartment community in Aurora that includes 36,000 square feet of retail and 216 apartments. We will announce more details on this project soon.
- For the fifth time in a row, Milender White’s status as an Accredited Quality Contractor was renewed by the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC).
- We came in at no. 347 nationally on Engineering News Record Top 400 list and no. 92 on the top 100 Green Contractors list. The California district also made a large jump on the ENR chart to no. 68 in the Golden State – up fifteen spots in a year.
- Our wood wall panel prefabrication facility in Golden, Colo. has been a big success. We continue to push the envelope by creating creative solutions to the man-power shortage that exist in the market place today. Our prefabrication facility is currently running two shifts a day to finish up delivery on our 226-unit multifamily project in Boulder. In 2019 we will be announcing our plans to push the envelope by expanding into volumetric construction and partnering with NREL to provide the highest level of energy efficient housing achievable in the market place today.
- Our Southern California team is wrapping up work at The Aliso located in the Arts District of Los Angeles. This 472-unit market rate apartment community is one of the largest residential projects to be built in downtown LA in recent years.
- The company’s tradition of charitable giving continued in 2018. Highlights include our annual Charitable Golf Tournament that raised $78,000 for local children’s charities and our work at AMP the Cause’s Community Day at the Heart & Hand Center where we installed a new fence, a basketball hoop, painted interiors, and provided overall grounds cleanup. We also kicked off efforts on a new project for the Newport Beach Rescue Mission. Details to be announced soon.
With many projects under contract for 2019 and a growing team in Denver and Southern California, we are very blessed. Thank you to our amazing clients and partners for making 2018 one to remember.
President & CEO