MW Year In Review
Fri, January 12, 2018 10:42AM
As you know, 2017 marked our 20th anniversary as a company. We celebrated on how far we have come in 20 short years. Yet, when I look back, I am just as proud of what we accomplished in our anniversary year alone. Here are the highlights of our successful, safe and milestone-filled 2017.
- Milender White broke ground on not one, but two high-rise residential apartment communities - Ascent Union Station and Speer & Bannock - in downtown Denver for our great client Greystar.
- Our largest residential project to date at 950 E. Third Street in downtown Los Angeles continues to make amazing progress. The 685,000-square ft. development is on schedule to deliver this fall.
- The California district made its first appearance on the ENR charts, ranking in at no. 83 in the area. We have goals to jump 10 spots next year and continue that growth for years to come.
- This past fall, we closed out three incredibly rewarding and noteworthy projects in Infinity LoHi near downtown Denver, Kestrel in Louisville for the Boulder Housing Authority and the 28th & Canyon Redevelopment in Boulder. These three projects added 848 units to our multi-key experience totaling almost 15,000 units to date.
- Our status as an Accredited Quality Contractor (AQC) was renewed by the national Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC). This marks the fourth year in a row the company has earned the recognition.
- Milender White's joint venture team Tah Yas completed interior and exterior renovation work on the historic Byron White Courthouse. This milestone project was the largest for the joint venture group to date.
- The MW Development team won the Town of Silverthorne’s Master Development project called Fourth Street Crossing, the Town’s new “main street” in downtown Silverthorne. Plans are moving ahead on residential condos and townhomes, a hotel and a market hall.
- The company’s tradition of charitable giving continued in 2017. Highlights include our annual Charitable Golf Tournament that raised $75,000 for local children’s charities and our work at the Tennyson Center for Children where we converted an old playground into a healing garden. Watch the video of our Tennyson Center project here.
- We also made time for a little celebrating. The company hosted its official 20th Anniversary party at the Curtis Hotel last spring with our great employees, clients, partners, architects and subcontractors. Governor John Hickenlooper and team even proclaimed the party date, April 1, 2017, as Milender White Day. If you missed the 20th Anniversary video we showed at the event, click here.
Thank you to our employees, partners, clients and subcontractors for making 2017 a year to remember on so many levels. Here’s to amazing next 20 years!
Bryon White, President & CEO