Press Release: MW Donating Services for CO Families
Wed, April 27, 2016 9:42PM
Milender White employees will volunteer their time and professional skills on Saturday, April 30, to a
number of projects across Colorado that will provide long-term benefits for children and families.
Projects range from renovations to provide more user space, resurfacing of parking lots and a basketball
court, installation of flooring and building a climbing wall for non-profit organizations that provide a
range of services to disadvantaged and disabled children in the Denver metro area.
More than 20 Milender White employees along with subcontracting partners will work on the projects
at four locations as part of Amp the Cause Community Work Day. Milender White has been supporting
Amp the Cause for over a decade as part of the company’s broader commitment to community service.
The work and contributions that Milender White provides are especially valuable because of the heavy
equipment and materials required, as well as the sheer cost that is often prohibitive for small non-profit
organizations to pay.
In addition to Amp the Cause Community Work Day, Milender White is rebuilding a family home in
Lyons that was devastated by the 2013 flood.
“We are honored to be able to support the hard-working families who live in our communities and to
use our resources and skills to strengthen and improve lives,” said President & CEO Bryon White. “Our
community service activities are a key part of our company’s values and our commitment to excellence
in everything we do.”
Saturday's projects include:
- Building a climbing wall for City Wild, a Denver organization that works to engage youth in
- experiential learning opportunities that boldly address issues of inequity in education, economic
- opportunity, and access to the outdoors.
- Replacing flooring at Firefly Autism, an organization that provides therapy and education to
- children with autism and their families.
- Replacing flooring in a house that is part of the Third Way Center, an organization that supports
- high risk, mentally ill, disadvantaged and often homeless adolescents and their families.
- Resurfacing parking lots and basketball courts at facilities for Families First, an organization that
- supports children and families affected by neglect and abuse.
- Also at Families First, dividing 2 rooms to help increase the facility’s ability to provide additional
- services and capacity to children and families.
The home rebuilding project in Lyons is being done in collaboration with the Boulder County
Department of Housing and Human Services and the Town of Lyons. The family home in the Lyons
Confluence neighborhood sustained extensive damage when the North St. Vrain and South St. Vrain
creeks overflowed. Last weekend, a team of MW employees worked at the site, digging and compacting
locations for interior column pads and backfilling/compacting around recently poured stem walls. Work
will continue in the coming weeks. Milender White welcomes donations or volunteers for the project.
Interested individuals or organizations can contact us at email@example.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Lyons house immediately after the flood
Work completed April 23, 2016 in Lyons
About Milender White:
Milender White is an innovator in construction, delivering outstanding projects based on proven systems and advanced technology. With offices in Colorado and southern California, we are builders of award-winning commercial and residential projects. We provide unsurpassed service to clients, superb career opportunities, and total commitment to safety, quality and integrity. More information is available at milenderwhite.com.