Milender White is the developer and general contractor on this public-private partnership which will create an energized new downtown for the Broomfield community. The Broomfield Town Square is located on 10.4 acres at Main Street and 1st Avenue, near the Interlocken and 120th exit off Highway 36. Situated between Denver and Boulder, the Town Square is designed to be an easily accessible gathering spot at the heart of the community.
The pedestrian-focused development features a town square, performance areas, a public park and plaza, a farmer’s market, community gathering spaces, and interactive public art. Additional details about the project:
- Conversion of the vacant Safeway building (over 60,000 sq. ft.) into the Broomfield Central Market. The market will have a mix of chef-driven culinary concepts and local retailers
- A swimmable/fishable four-acre community lake that will include a public beach and boat house with paddle board and boat rentals;
- Approximately 50,000 sq. ft of retail and restaurant uses (including locally owned and outdoor dining concepts);
- Up to 818 residential units phased over time in mixed-use buildings. There will be +/- 500 units in the early phases north of E 1st Ave and townhomes along Main St. Residential units will help support the considerable amount of retail and restaurant space provided;
- Connections to the existing trail network in the area and a lakeside promenade for all to enjoy;
- Room for the potential future expansion of the Broomfield Library/Auditorium facility on the east side of the expanded lake.