The Byron White U.S. Courthouse is among the most widely recognized and appreciated assets in Denver and the region. Completed between 1910 and 1916, the striking marble building takes up an entire city block in the Federal District of downtown Denver.
Milender White completed interior and exterior renovations to the 244,000-sq. ft. historic courthouse built in 1916. The upgrade program encompassed improvements throughout the building including courtrooms and judge’s chambers. Major scopes of work comprised historic window, masonry/stone and terrazzo floor restoration; mechanical and fire protection system upgrades; roof access stair and platform replacement; elevator modernization; and historic light fixture upgrades.
The building was fully occupied during construction. All work was closely coordinated and sequenced to prevent any interruption of Tenth Circuit Court or U.S. Marshal activities. Work activities were suspended while appellate courts were in session; approximately five weeks per calendar year.
The Byron White U.S. Courthouse project is a Pyramid Award of Excellence project for Historical Renovation, Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (ABC).